Is it possible to add Due Date to an Issue Collector?

naama February 3, 2019

Hello Experts, 

I am trying to add due date to my issue collector template so the user could specify the due date.

This article only specify how to set default values to custom fields but not how to add them to the template

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/using-the-issue-collector-802592637.html?_ga=2.128481292.1257299200.1549232885-565277423.1541636222

Did anyone manage to do it and could share the instructions?

Thanks a lot in advance

Naama

1 answer

0 votes
pbiagio February 20, 2020

Surprisingly this doesn't actually seem like it's possible - I ran into the same issue today (also applies to the Jira Portfolio Target Start Date and Target End Date fields). I do know however that you can add custom date fields so one hacky solution is to add a custom date field on the create screen and then use the automation plugin or scriptrunner or something similar to copy the value from the custom date field to the due date field when the issue is created. You can then exclude that custom field from the view/edit screens so that only due date shows so it's less confusing to users. You can also change the label of the custom field on the issue collector to actually say Due Date (just don't also name the custom date field Due Date - instead Issue Collector Due Date would be a better name).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events