Is clockwork only for nextgen projects...will it affect all projects?

Melissa_Liotta April 23, 2019

We have some projects in jira cloud that are using one timesheet plugin but we have a new project in our cloud version that is a nextgen project and our timesheet plugin does not work on nextgen. 

I need to confirm if the clockwork plugin will only affect nextgen projects or if it will impact all of our active projects in jira cloud??

clockwork: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219213/clockwork-automated-timesheets?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2019

Basically Clockwork can work with all project types and is enabled for all projects after installation.

But you can decide which projects you want Clockwork to be enabled for. So you can use it for one project only (or a few projects) and it will not collide with the other plugin you're using (which one is it?)

Also we offer some project level specific settings - for example automatic timers mode can be configured differently for projects to make it suit your needs, and also you can enable automatic timers for whole Jira or some projects leaving only reporting enabled.

I hope that helps you decide to try it out.

Melissa_Liotta April 24, 2019

Thank you Pawel, 

I will look into enabling it for just the one nextgen project. All of our other projects are not next gen projects and we have a timesheet plugin that is working very well for the time tracking needs. 

Have a good evening!

Melissa

Pawel from HeroCoders
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2019

Great to hear!

I'm curious - what made you try out a next-gen project? Does it offer something that regular projects don't?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events