Is Insight Azure Integration available for Atlassian Insight for Jira Cloud?

Tim January 13, 2021

If not is there an alternative?

-tim

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Tim ,

Not yet at least. Currently you only have the option to do a CSV Data import so not yet a link with Azure.

I asked the question in the past and the answer back then (which I did not find all too satisfying) was to set up an on prem instance, set up the link there and using api calls to sync the data to my cloud instance. (keep in mind this was a year ago)

Now, they are working hard on Insight for Cloud. If you check the Cloud roadmap they are aiming to have further integration and features by Q2 2021.

If I were you and you were already using it on premise I'd hold out for a few months and see when it shows up. 

You can also always raise a request with them https://support.atlassian.com/contact) to see if they can give you a more fixed timeline (there used to be a trello board but that has vanished since the acquisition)

As for alternatives that depends, if you want to move away from Insight (which if you are on cloud might be a bad move with the integration coming) I don't have any suggestions.

if you mean with Insight, well you could try writing your own script to poll Azure and dump the data to csv, then import that..

Tim January 19, 2021

Thanks Dirk,

I understand that the migration to cloud takes time.   Setting up an on-prem server is not an option.

The CSV approach works fine for creating new objects.  Updating Objects requires the existing object key.  For instance, if I want to track the last login date for a user, I need to update the  CSV record with the existing object key.

Do you know of an automated technique or pattern to track and associate CSV input with the object key?  I could write a script to look up each object by Name, get the key and put in the CSV file before import, but hoping there's another way.

I will take your advice and create a support request to see if there is a time line for the integrations, as well as object export and reporting capabilities.

-tim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events