Is All-In-One JIRA Reports gadget available to add to Confluence

Lara Reedick April 1, 2016

We do our dashboard in confluence and I wanted to know if I can add the reports to a confluence page or is it limited to JIRA dashboards?

4 answers

0 votes
John Nguyen May 13, 2019

@Navarambh Software - Gmail 

You mentioned this: 

3. Setup a subscription for the report and select the option to publish the report with each run

Do you meant the refresh frequency option on the "Report Settings".  There are 7 days options that I can chose from.  Is the day I select is the day the publish view gets refreshed?

Can I set up the refreshing of the published view by every day or better yet at each hour?

Or you referred to some other options that I need to setup somewhere?

Thanks

John Nguyen

Navarambh Software - Gmail
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2019

Hi,

The subscription can be setup from My Reports and can be setup for as frequent as every 15 minutes. Please refer to the link below for more information:

https://aioreports.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/42000013209-how-to-refresh-a-published-report-automatically-

Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 7.20.55 PM.png

John Nguyen May 13, 2019

Now I see why I can find this setting.... My Admin did not set up the OAuth for the Jira Application Links.... that's the reason why.

Now, when the Jira Admin created an OAuth between the Jira and the AIO application, what is the URL of the AIO he needs to enters?

Secondly, we are operating in an AD environment, does this OAuth work in such environment where AD uses federated ID?  If the OAuth requires the authentication with password, then the users are not able to provide the passwords for the authentication because AD uses the IP Provider with canned password which the user have no knowledge of.

Please help explain in more details how to link Jira to AIO via Application Links and how to authenticate when OAuth asks for the password?

Thank you in advance for your help 

John Nguyen

John Nguyen May 13, 2019

I looked up the Jira Application Links and I think I found my answer on the OAuth question.  So I think I'm good to go with it.

I still need your help with  the question about the "access code" mentioned above.

Thanks

John Nguyen

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2019

Please refer to the attached screenshot to setup an access code for the published URL. Let us know if there are any follow up questions.Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 8.43.54 PM.png

John Nguyen May 13, 2019

Thanks a lot for the screen shot but somehow the "Manage Access Code" icon does not show up on my page.

Our Jira is hosted on AWS Cloud and through LDAP.  Is this the reason why that icon does not show up, or I need to configure something in order for that icon to show up?

You're such a great help!

Thanks a lot!

John Nguyen

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2019

Hi,

Can you please share a screenshot of the My Reports page?

You can email it to support@aioreports.com

Regards

AIO Support

John Nguyen May 13, 2019

And the "Email this report" icon also doe not show up either.....

Is this because we have a different version than yours?

Thanks

John Nguyen

John Nguyen May 13, 2019

Will do 

Thanks

John Nguyen

John Nguyen May 13, 2019

Just sent you my screen shot.  Please take a look at it and tell me why the "Manage Access Code" icon does not show up?

Thanks

PS:  I'll attach the screen shot here just incase....

AIO Report.PNG

0 votes
John Nguyen May 13, 2019

I realized that the Published view is hosted on AWS' S3 bucket for 60 days.

In terms of security, I have a few questions for you:

1 - How can I extend the "Time To Live" to my desire instead of default of 60 days?

2 - Does the AIO Admin have access to my Publish Reports?  We have some sensitive data which we do not want the AIO Admin to view them.

Thanks

John Nguyen

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2019

1. The 60 days limit is from the date of last publishing. There is no way to change the limit,  but it will keep extending whenever a new version is published. So the published view will not expire as long as a newer version is published regularly.

2. An access code can be setup for the published view via My Area > My Reports. Only users with the access code will be able to view the data.

Like John Nguyen likes this
John Nguyen May 13, 2019

First off, thanks a lot your your quick response to my inquiries.  I really appreciate that.

Please help me understand more on your answer #2.

By "access code" did you meant the signed URL with API access token key that AIO created under the column "Published View" with the plus sign (+) (Click to fire published view)?

Thanks

John Nguyen

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2018

AIO gadgets are only compatible with Jira.

To embed a report inside confluence, you can try this:

1. Save the report and then publish it

2. Embed the published URL inside Confluence iframe gadget

3. Setup a subscription for the report and select the option to publish the report with each run

This will update the published view as per the frequency selected in the subscription.

0 votes
All-In-One Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2016

Hello!

At this point All-In-One JIRA reports is only available for JIRA and the dashboards are limited to JIRA.

Regards

All-In-One JIRA Reports

Jonathan Claveau August 9, 2018

Hi, is this still the case ? We are now 2 years later and just wondering. We see the gadget within Confluence, but it just doesn't work.

Ben Shuker October 9, 2018

Would very much like to see this too

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2018

@All-In-One Support Does this feature available now. We are also looking the way to show AIO reports in confluence page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events