Integrate insight asset with Jira cloud

Nalin_Kutty January 16, 2020

Hello,

I am very new to both Jira Service desk and Jira Insight.

We are a small IT hardware support company with various clients having multiple locations.

Typically we get emails whenever a client user has an issue requiring support. I have implemented Jira service desk , where an office based agent manually creates an incident on Jira service desk upon receiving an email.

Now i am trying to setup Insight where I created an Object Schema per client and many Object Type denoting client location. I then added one or more object type within each "location" Object type denoting class of IT device like Desktop / Laptop/ Routers etc.

Within these object type (for e.g desktop), objects having attribute like computer name, Serial no. etc is added.

What I am looking for is a solution where every ticket should be linked to one of these objects.

Based on documentation I did create asset type configuration , tried creating custom field, sync asset type . I still do not get any results when i search for the object within the "link Asset" field in service desk. 

Screenshots below:-

Please help. Thank YOU!

Regards, Nalin

2020-01-17 (1).png2020-01-17 (2).png2020-01-17.png

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Coleman October 9, 2020

I got around this by defining an object type of "Hardware" and an object type of "Location" Hardware attributes includes a location attribute of type object, type value of location with location as the link type. That way, the object graph of a location shows all objects at that location.

Stephen Coleman October 9, 2020

In this way, all our assets live under one schema and mapping all works as intended. I believe that's how it was intended to function, though I could be wrong

0 votes
Ahmed Zeb March 8, 2020

I faced the same issue and then figured it out to some extent.

Solution: You should get the result after writing first few 3-4 alphabets as there is seems some issue with Insight Cloud.

Let me know if you have found any better solution for this.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events