Integrate QRadar with JIRA

Varun Nedumaran September 6, 2016

How to integrate QRadar with JIRA ? Please provide us step by step procedure for integration JIRA with Qradar ?

2 answers

0 votes
Varun Nedumaran September 19, 2016

Thanks Nic for your quick response.!!

We are planning to implement through REST API . We requires QRadar to communicate with JIRA.so any new offense in QRadar will have to create new incident ticket in the JIra SYSTEM.

Could you please provide us the stepwise procedure to accomplish this task.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2016

I'm not aware of any add-ons that directly connect the two, so you'll need to think about doing it yourself.

Start with a basic specification:

• What do you want from this "integration"?  ("Integrate" is a polysemitic or "suitcase" word - it implies a lot without actually telling you anything of any use in dealing with the issue)
  • Do you expect QRadar to to all the work, reading and updating JIRA?
  • Do you expect JIRA to drive it, reading and updating QRadar?
  • Is it two way, with some things in QRadar updating JIRA, and other things in JIRA updating QRadar?
  • What APIs are available for JIRA to talk to QRadar with?
Varun Nedumaran September 20, 2016

Hi Nic,

Please find my inline answers for your above queries:

1.) What do you want from this "integration"?  ("Integrate" is a polysemitic or "suitcase" word - it implies a lot without actually telling you anything of any use in dealing with the issue) 

• Basic integration(2 way, opening/closing/creation of issues(JIRA) and offenses(Qradar), when either of the functionality is implemented in either of the tool e.g issue creation in Jira triggers offense creation and vice versa) 

2.) Do you expect QRadar to to all the work, reading and updating JIRA? 

• No, just the basic functionality as mentioned above.

3.) Do you expect JIRA to drive it, reading and updating QRadar? 

• Yes, and the same is expected from Qradar which in turn will update issue status in Jira

4.) Is it two way, with some things in QRadar updating JIRA, and other things in JIRA updating QRadar? 

• Yes, as mentioned above

5.) What APIs are available for JIRA to talk to QRadar with?

• Rest APIs are available individually for both the tools which are successful in connecting with their respective servers(Jira and Qradar)

Could you please guide me on my further steps to take place. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2016

Ok, your answers to 2 and 3 contradict each other, but we'll assume that both ends of the connection will need to be active.

You will need to work out:

• A method to make JIRA issues be aware of QRadar items (web links?  Dedicated custom field?)
  • A method to make QRadar items be aware of JIRA issues (I don't know QRadar, I can't begin to tell you how to do that)
  • A method for creating and maintaining those links
  • exactly what actions in JIRA are going to affect QRadar items and how.  Transitions in JIRA workflows can have code added to them to do things with other systems, over REST or other methods, but there may be other JIRA activity you want to trigger changes (possibly needing listeners)
  • The same for QRadar (and again, I can't tell you how to code in that application)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events