Instant websites support confluence form plugin?

Peter Barber November 5, 2017

Hi,

I've tried using Forms for Confluence to generate a form, then using Instant Websites to generate the static version of the website. However the form does not render. I'm guessing because this form is a dynamic javascript reference!?

Is there a way to have a form that renders OK on the static site generated by instance websites?

Thanks

Pete

2 answers

1 vote
Marina Ferraz McCashin November 6, 2017

Hi Peter

Great question!

What kind of form are you trying to embed?

If you're trying to embed a contact us or support request form, I would recommend you use the JSD embeddable widget

You can find instructions on how to incorporate this into Instant Websites here.

If this isn't the kind of form you were after, please let us know and we can work together to find a more comprehensive solution for you.

Marina. 

Peter Barber November 8, 2017

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately we don't use Jira Service Desk.

Ideally we are after a simple form that allows a customer to submit a request for example to provide feedback on our product. Submitting to a Confluence user or even just email address is OK.

Is there a simple solution that would allow embedding a form into Confluence and works with Instance Websites?

Thanks very much

Pete

0 votes
Dave Bernardo November 9, 2017

Hi Peter,

You could try embedding a Google form using the Confluence iframe macro.

Should just be a matter of inserting the url provided by the Google form embedded html onto the iframe macro, then setting the width and height in pixels:

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 5.10.06 pm.png

Dave

Peter Barber November 28, 2017

Thanks Dave,

Will give this a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events