Installing on server

Dianna Newman September 1, 2014

Hi,

I am the computer technician for a company and have been asked to install Atlassian project management on our dedicated servers. I cannot find any information on this. Is there anything that I need to set up? I am new to this software.

Thanks!!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2014

Hey Dianna.

the term "Atlassian Project Management" is pretty vague, as Atlassian has a miriad of products that you can use. I'll assuming that you are talking about JIRA, that is our bug tracking/project management tool. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

To install JIRA it will depend on the platform you are using, again I'll suppose that you have a linux machine for it. Being this the case please follow this guide to install JIRA.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2014

Yes, Confluence does also require installation. They are both java-based web apps. The guide for Confluence is here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+Confluence+on+Linux

0 votes
Dianna Newman September 2, 2014

Yes it is JIRA. Thank you for the link.

One more question, does 'Confluence' also require installation on the server? That is another thing the company also bought. If so can you please tell me the link to a guide to install it.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events