It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight database import into Unlimited cardinality field

Chad Peters Jan 09, 2018

When using the database import type, I'd like to map one of my column values to an Insight field that has Unlimited Cardinality defined. How does the source data need to be formatted for this to work (comma separated values, semi-colon)??

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Sundström Jan 10, 2018

Hi Chad,

The way Insight works is that you separate those values with || ie:

value 1||value 2

That way it will be imported as multiple values. If this is used to create object references, you will need to apply certain IQL syntax, which you can read about at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-manager-s-guide/import-and-synchronization/general-import-concepts under the section Import attribute / Object Mapping (IQL) where there is also a video demonstrating how to set this up. It's based on an CSV import, but the way it works is the same.

Best Regards
Alexander 

Micha van Toornburg Mar 20, 2018

This doesn't work for me. I am trying to do this to create object references, with the correct IQL.

So when I put person A||person B in my CSV file I expect two objects, but now I get one object.

Expected object names:

person A

person B

Actually:

person A-person B

Can someone help me please?

Alexander Sundström Mar 21, 2018 • edited

Hi Micha, are you trying to create the referenced objects, or assigning them from already created Insight objects?

Cheers!
Alexander

wheazel Oct 12, 2018

Have the same problem:

CSV: firstname;lastname;Account1||Account2;

result: Account1-Account2 (1 Object)
instead of:

Account1
Account2
(2 Objects)
I am creating the accounts during Userimport. Works fine with 1 account, but 2 or more accounts are merged into a single object with the default concatenation character as required in the import settings.
What I want to do is tell the system, that these are 2 different Objects that should be created.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Demo Den Ep. 4: Continuous Integration with CircleCI & Jira Software

Get ready! Demo Den Episode 4 is coming your way on Tuesday, May 28, 2018 with a Continuous Integration and Delivery special demo. CircleCI Director of Solutions Engineering, Eddie Webb will show us ...

487 views 0 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you