Insight cloud

Dan W March 31, 2021

We are trying to compare Insight cloud to Device42.  Does anybody know of any videos on how insight cloud works, what is included, or if a demo is available?  The documentation I have found doesn't really get into the

1. What information is cataloged for software on a device.
  2. how reporting works
    1. Their comparison chart says it isn't available in cloud? How do you look at the data and dependencies if there isn't a reporting capability?
  3. What information is captured for each device,
  4. Can non-network devices be cataloged manually. 

And we would like to be able to make an informed decision on direction we go for a Asset management tool.

Thanks

Dan

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi @Dan W you've asked on the perfect day! We have just launched a new, updated version of Insight Cloud! It is now part of Jira Service Management Premium so you would need to trial JSM Premium. Or if you already have JSM Premium you should have access now or very soon. 

To answer your questions

1 - as already said, you define what types of assets you have and what information is stored about which. 

2 - we have the ability to view dependencies in the with the 'object graph'. And through exploring the actual Insight database. You can also run queries on the Insight data and your Jira issues based on what Insight objects you have linked to the issue. 

When we say there's no reporting functionality we mean there's no pre-built graphs. You can still search and export query results if needed. 

3 - the information from the Discovery tool? That can be seen here. 
Data collected by Insight Discovery

4 - non-network devices can be catalogued manually. Or using file importers that run regularly. 

You can see a bit more basic information about the updated Insight here.

As for demos, I'm doing a full introduction to Insight Cloud webinar next week so I recommend joining that or watching on demand. 

You can register here. It's episode 10.

I hope that helps, 
Charlotte

Aaron Whigham May 4, 2021

@Charlotte Nicolaou If we upgrade to JSM Premium, will be be able to do the following:

--Use Insight fields in Jira Cloud issues and in JSM issues?

--Query and Read Insight object values and attribute values using automation in Jira Cloud

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

You can sign up for Insight and that will give you a 30 day trial license. 

Regarding your questions, the information stored for the object is based on what attributes you assign to the object. Insight Cloud do not have the integrations that you find on Data Center. We are using tray.io to integrate Insight with Jamf and InTune.

There are no reporting in Insight Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events