Insight automation trigger

Jon Hill April 23, 2018

Is there a way to trigger an Insight automation rule based on a *change* in an attribute's value?  

I currently have a rule whose trigger is Object Updated and whose condition is "Status"="Disposed."  The rule sends an e-mail to Procurement letting them know that an asset has just been disposed.

The problem is that any update to a disposed asset is resulting in the e-mail being sent, whereas I only want it sent when the asset transitions from a non-disposed status to disposed.

Is there any way to make this work? E.g. by only firing if the Status attribute is the one that's been updated?  Or by using the IF condition to filter on both the new and updated Status values (i.e., something like "Status" = "Disposed" and original."Status" != "Disposed")?  Or by executing a groovy script that can determine what the old value was before it was changed?

I'm on 5.3.11.

Thanks.

5 answers

0 votes
Markus Pöhler January 3, 2022

Hello! 

Any progress or idas how to solve that? 

Is there an actual feature request that is alive?

0 votes
Wenping Li October 15, 2021

I am also interested in this feature. Anyone knows if this has been implemented yet? https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-198 seems not a valid site now. Thanks.

0 votes
Wenping Li October 12, 2020

I am also looking for this feature. Has this been implemented yet? 

Thanks.

Wenping

0 votes
Monica Ferrer July 2, 2018

Hi, I was just looking for this feature. This would be very useful for trigerring status changes on the objects.

For which version is it expected?

Thank you!

0 votes
Ola_Melin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2018

Hi Jon, 

This is a feature that we will implement in the future and there is a open feature request for it here https://jira.riada.se/browse/ICS-198

To achieve it today you will have to trigger a groovy script that checks the history of the object and compares with the current value based on the condition you want and then send the email. 

Cheers

Tam Tran January 15, 2019

Hi @Ola_Melin

I'm going to investigate automation as Jon's case and I'm newbie to Groovy Script.

Do you have any suggestion or hint to check the history of object and compare values?

Thank you

Roberto Monge August 6, 2019

Did you ever figure out how to check the history of an object using a groovy script?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events