Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight Objects with no Assets linked to other objects

Kind of new to Jira and Insight, but have not had much luck finding this answer for myself, so giving a shout here.

I have a parent object type called A. It has multiple attributes that track things like serial number, company asset tag number, warranty info, etc. I have multiple objects of this object type A.

Each parent object type A also has children object types B, C, etc. Each of those object types have multiple attributes that also track serial numbers, asset tag number etc. I have multiple objects of those object types that all reference back to the appropriate parent object type A.

However, I have a couple of children object types call them X, Y and Z. They are pieces of equipment that I need to link to each parent object type, but the X, Y and Z pieces of equipment themselves have no assignable attributes. There are no serial numbers, no asset tags being placed on them, etc. But when I look at the graph of say Object Type A, I need to see X, Y and Z listed as children as to know they are a part of that parent. I also would need to see them listed when creating a ticket in Jira Service Desk.

My question is, how do I have X, Y and Z as children object types, them each time to each parent, but never have any actual objects created for X, Y and Z in Insight? They essentially would be place holders to let a user know those items exist, but they are so low cost we don't have to individually track them but need to know they are there.

Thank you all in advance!

1 answer

Hi Rob,

You can use the objectTypeAndChildren in IQL which will show you the Parent objects and their children as well.

IQL: objectType in objectTypeAndChildren("<object type A>")

That should show you all object types A and their children B,C, X, Y and Z.

Br,
G

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

284 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you