Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight LDAP import not updating attributes

Edited

Hi, Team!

For map our domain uers we use People-objects in the Insight structure. We set up LDAP import users from AD, defined attributes. Import new people is working correctly, but we have some problems with updating "manager" attribute. If we change user Manager in AD and run sincronization, it will pass without updating the attribute Manager. And if we delete Manager from object, new manager was updated...

Insight-attribute "Manager" was configured as Manager - Object - People - Reference

1.png

And in importing attributes manager = Manager and Object mapping = "DN = ${manager}"

2.png

If we change attribute "userAccountControl", Object updating work successfully. But it not work for Manager :(

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hm, looks like you are using value type for mapping.

It seems to me that on import userAccountControl column value from file goes to Insight Attribute UserAccountControl but for mapping you are using Value Type which is UAC. This is okay as you said.

1.PNG

But for data locator manager where you want to update data for insight attribute Manager, you use mapping DN, and this is another Insight Attrribute. Right?

2.PNG

If your goal is to update atribute Manager on object with values from column manager, I think you could try with Label = ${manager}

This is a good idea, but we tried to substitute both SID and CN and others. And it does not work. It`s working only DN = ${manager}.

Now, I am change properties "Missing objects outbound references = Remove" and "Empty values = Remove" and all working!

Thank you, Ricky, for being with me in difficult times :)

Like Ricky LaFleur likes this

I noticed that Match Identifier is set to Case Sensitive. Any chance your import values are case sensitive?

We using AD SID as Identifier (like "S-1-5-21-1715567821-789336058-682003330-586352") and this identifier never changes after creating domain user.

And field Match Identifier contains only "Case Sensitive" value

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

319 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you