Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight Discovery - License (Windows machines)

We're evaluating Insight Discovery 2.27.1.0, and we haven't had problems scanning Linux machines. However, we are now focused on Windows and we still couldn't get an important information that is the Windows license.

We've tried using all the WMI and Power Shell patterns, and after the scan, we import it in our Jira Insight environment, and all object types (CPU, OS, Network Interface, etc) are filled with information, except for the license.

Anyone having the same problem?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi,

If you enabled the related patterns (Windows_ProductKey.pat or Windows_ProductKey_PS.pat) during the scan then it may be related to the import configuration. Could you please check if the import configuration for License is enabled or not in Insight?

Cheers,

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for your answer

In the last scan, I used "Windows_ProductKey_PS.pat".

I've inserted a photo of our license import configuration:

image.png

Also, I would like to ask. The scanned Windows is a VM. Is that a problem to get the license?

Hello,

The import configuration for the "License" object type looks enabled. Then can you please check the following on the config tab of Insight Discovery:

- "Use PowerShell" is enabled

- "Try VM Guest scan" is enabled

Thanks.

Hakan

Like Gustavo Delazari Borges likes this

Hi,

Both options are already enabled:

image.png

Is there a problem if I inserted here the result of the "Windows_ProductKey_PS.pat" according to the scan log?

Hello,

Logs may be including sensitive data for your organization. The best way is to reach our support is via Atlassian Support Portal. You can select Technical issues and bugs/Marketplace apps/Insight Discovery from the menu, then share your issue details.

Regards,

Hakan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

427 views 3 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you