Insight Cloud Reporting

Paul February 17, 2021

Hey Guys,

We just recently install Insight Cloud version in our Jira Service Management as an additional App from the Market place.

This software seems pretty basic and simple. In their documentation or articles, I can't find anything on how to run any form of reporting.

Is this not possible in Insight Cloud for Jira?

4 answers

1 vote
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

You can check out App eazyBI. We recently added the Insight data analysis for cloud customers. We also support Jira issue data analysis based on JSM Insight custom fields as well. 

See more details on how eazyBI supports Insight in our documentation:
https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira-apps/insight-asset-management

Daina / support@eazybi.com

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Paul Beiruty ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Reports are not available in cloud version, see here for comparison with the server version.

Erik Vanderstraeten February 22, 2022

Do you know whether they plan to bring reporting to Insight Cloud?
Or can we open a feature request for it?

Seems like an important feature?

Erik Vanderstraeten February 22, 2022

I'm sorry; only see your other message (from August) now.
Ignore above :)

0 votes
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2021

My workaround is to use an Automation to copy value from Insight object chosen on an issue to a labels field and then build up JSM reports and Dashboards based on that labels field. 

Components of the Automation looks like this

• Trigger = Value changed for (name of Insight custom field)
  • Action = Edit issue. Choose the field of type label that you have created.  then add {{issue.(insight customfield).(attribute on the object)}}

My example is a Two dimensional report on customer vs issue type  so my smart value is {{issue.Company.Name}} 

Please note that the Attribute Name cannot contain any spaces as a label-type field in jira cant have spaces.

0 votes
Harika Karaca August 30, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová ,

why is such an importing feature not included in the (expensive) Jira Service Management Cloud Premium Product? Why is that not a "priority area for future development cycles"?

Kind regards,

Harika

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Hi @Harika Karaca ,

I'm not member of the Atlassian team, so I´m not able to provide you with more information than there are some Insight cloud functionalities planned in the roadmap

Harika Karaca August 30, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová ,

oh sorry - thank you very much for your quick response! Have a nice day!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events