Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight Automation - Something went wrong

Version: 8.6.3

I set up an automation which is working well, however when trying to add another Action of type "Attribute Value" I am getting the below error when trying to Save:

Something went wrong. Contact administrator

I checked the logs and found the following NPE:

2021-03-04 08:24:10,572+0100 http-nio-8080-exec-3 ERROR admin 504x1701035x1 1hhonto 192.168.7.206,0:0:0:0:0:0:
0:1 /rest/insight/1.0/automation/rule [c.r.j.p.i.c.w.a.r.exception.mapper.DefaultMapper] Unexpected exception w
as thrown while processing the request
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.automation.dao.impl.AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoI
mpl.handlePasswordUpdate(AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoImpl.java:135)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.automation.dao.impl.AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoI
mpl.saveOrUpdate(AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoImpl.java:87)
mpl.saveOrUpdateAll(AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoImpl.java:151)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.automation.dal.AutomationDalImpl.updateRuleBean(Automati
onDalImpl.java:114)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.automation.service.impl.AutomationRuleServiceImpl.update
AndReactivateRule(AutomationRuleServiceImpl.java:123)
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.web.api.rest.services.AutomationResource.updateRule(Autom
ationResource.java:95)
... 2 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
... 19 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(Re
stDelegatingServletFilter.java:159)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.j
ava:69)
... 36 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.mobile.web.filter.MobileAppRequestFilter.doFilter(MobileAppRequestFilter.j
ava:37) ... 4 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.mobile.login.MobileLoginSuccessFilter.doFilter(MobileLoginSuccessFilter.java:54)
... 3 filtered
at com.atlassian.diagnostics.internal.platform.monitor.http.HttpRequestMonitoringFilter.doFilter(HttpRequestMonitoringFilter.java:55)
... 8 filtered
at de.syracom.plugins.securelogin.common.service.SecureLoginFilter.doFilter(SecureLoginFilter.java:157)
... 3 filtered
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
... 57 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:66)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:64)
... 16 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37)
... 19 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)
... 10 filtered
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
... 4 filtered
at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.LocationCleanerFilter.doFilter(LocationCleanerFilter.java:36)
... 26 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)
... 24 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.automation.dao.impl.AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoImpl.handlePasswordUpdate(AutomationRuleConditionAndActionDaoImpl.java:118)
... 257 more

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Harding Atlassian Team Mar 09, 2021

Hi @MarieClaire Fnk 

I would recommend raising through the support portal at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/ and we can get a closer look.

Cheers

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

580 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you