Insight - Asset Management

Mathieu Kasiers October 9, 2017

Hi,

I m using Insight for Asset Management. I m using the build-in Insight Post Function at the end of a workflow in Jira to auto create Insight objects (like described here). I m getting an error when I m trying to copy values from Date Picker, Select List (single choice) and Checkboxes custom fields.  What's the correct syntax ?

Thanks

Mathieu

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2017

Hi Mathieu,

It depends on what attributes in Insight you're trying to set.
I guess based on the examples mentioned, that it's a Date, Select and Boolean attribute?

What kind of errors are you getting?

Best Regards
Alexander

Mathieu Kasiers October 9, 2017

Hi Alexander,

The attributes in Insight are Date, Text and Boolean. 

Also User Picker (single user), is that possible ?

Error messages, I will send you later

Thanks

Mat

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2017

Hi Mathieu,

It's possible to set all attribute values in Insight using our API.

In the code at

objectAttributeBeans.add(objectAttributeBeanFactory.createObjectAttributeBeanForObject

As the third parameter, what you need to pass  is in the format of String... , like for the boolean it needs to be "true", for a date it depends on your settings in JIRA, but as in my environment it's "10/Oct/17", and for the Select, the same, like "Value 1".

It's also possible to be multiple values, like "Value 1", "Value 2" etc.

But as mentioned, I think the errors you get will explain more in detail what exactly is causing the problem.

Let us know if the above helped you solve the problem.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events