Incomplete REST API Import with three double-quotes in text field

Malkowski December 8, 2020

I'm using the app Xray Testmanagement for Jira, where Jira Issues are extended f.e. with the Issue Type "Test". This Issue Type has a text field, which can be updated through Jira REST API export and import calls.

Ex- and Imports work like a charm, with a single exception that everything what is wrapped within three double-quotes (""") is ignored during import. These three double-quotes are used in Xray to display multiline arguments as specified in Gherkin.. and are needed. 

Is there a specification/configuration that prevents the disappearance of the multiline? Should they be escaped for Jira to import them correctly?

I'm sorry, if this question is asked in the wrong place, but any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Malkowski ,

can you please clarify:

1. are you using Xray on Jira Cloud or Xray on Jira on-premises (server/DC)?
  2. can you give a concrete example of the call that you're making, identifying the endpoint and also the contents and what you get in Xray?

Thanks

Malkowski December 9, 2020

Hi @Sergio Freire - Xblend,

I'm not the host of the used Jira instance and can only make assumptions.  It is either Jira Cloud or an on-premises installation in Cloud. I hope that helps nonetheless.

Concrete example: 

I created the Jira Xray Issue Type Test with these attributes:
- Label: some-label
- Test Type: Cucumber
- Cucumber Type: Scenario Outline
- Cucumber Scenario: 
     When the requester sends request to
     """
     /<partnerkey>/vehicles/<VIN>/dataavailability?vehicleInformation=<ind>&businessPartnerData=<ind>&disclosureClaims=<ind>
     &specialOffer=<ind>&recallInformation=<ind>&serviceBook=<ind>&serviceHints=<ind>&workshopComplaint=<ind>&repairHistory=<ind>&languageID=<languageID>
     """
     Then a 200 HTTP response is received with vehicle specific informations

Then I exported this Test via More > Export to Cucumber, where I got a Feature File with the following scenario:

#Request endpoint with partnerkey and vin
@some-label
Scenario Outline: Successfully get data with request parameters
"""
/<partnerkey>/vehicles/<VIN>/dataavailability?vehicleInformation=<ind>&businessPartnerData=<ind>&disclosureClaims=<ind>
&specialOffer=<ind>&recallInformation=<ind>&serviceBook=<ind>&serviceHints=<ind>&workshopComplaint=<ind>&repairHistory=<ind>&languageID=<languageID>
"""

Next I imported this exact Feature File through Jira REST API call to /rest/raven/latest/import/feature?projectKey=MYPROJECTKEY and got an updated Cucumber Scenario in the specified Jira Test as:

Currently I work around that issue by using a single line annotation (") instead of the multiline ("""), which works like a charm. Everything is imported as it should be. Alas it's less readable.   

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi again @Malkowski ,

then it seems to be a bug. You should reach out Xray support team detailing these steps, so the it can be handled properly.

Regards,

Sérgio

katarzyna_malkowski December 11, 2020

Hi @Sergio Freire - Xblend

thank you for your super fast response!

For everyone with the same issue: After I received the SEN, I created a Xray support request, which hopefully solves this issue.

https://jira.xpand-it.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/SUPPORT-31756

Like Sergio Freire - Xblend likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events