Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Include list of linked issues with trigger issue details in email Edited

Hey all,

We currently have a template email which messages our team with internal requests from different departments. This email includes a lot of details with the use of smart values such as the (Team,Description,Statues,Type,ect.)

For some requests we create and link multiple tasks/stories to these requests. With these I would like to know if it's possible to include the list of these linked issues within the same template.

A problem I have ran into using a "Branch" on linked issues and a bulk operation is that the "Trigger Issue" details are removed. Which makes sense as the email is now reading the information from the "Branch".

I can setup 2 emails one to provide the Request details and one for the list of that Request. But I would like to keep it all in one email to reduce spam.

Here is a little diagram of what I would like, is this possible?

Example.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Hunter1428 

You can reference the linked issues from the current issue following below template for smart values.

Number of linked Issues: {{#=}}{{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.size}} + {{issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue.size}} {{/}}

{{#issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue}}{{key}} ({{issuetype.name}}) - {{status.name}}

{{/}}

{{#issue.issuelinks.inwardIssue}}{{key}} {{issuetype.name}} - {{status.name}}

{{/}}

Hi @Gikku 

Of course, I completely forgot about the inward and outward smart values!

Thank you, this is exactly what i wanted :D

Like Gikku likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

216 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you