It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Include issue fields in Send Webhook's custom data

I'm trying to setup an automation rule that will send issue data to an external system whenever a new issue is created. The external system requires a specific format so my idea was to simply set the Webhook body to Custom data and add custom json with {{smart}} placeholders. However, Custom data does not seem to be a smart field. 

Is this correct? If yes, any plans to change this or other ideas how I could achieve what I want?

1 answer

0 votes
andreas Community Leader May 09, 2017

Hey Lukas,

Custom data should definitely be able to render smart values.

I've just tested this and this custom data content:

{ "hello": "{{issue.key}}", "description":"{{issue.fields.description}}"}

Turned into:

{ "hello": "DEMO-180", "description":"This is a sample desc"}

I tested this by sending a webhook to http://requestb.in/.

Can you post the contents of your 'Custom data' section so I can see what's going wrong perhaps?

Cheers,

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Jira Service Desk Customer Portal

A picture is worth a thousand words, especially when you're trying to find relationships and understand your data. Here, Dashboards play a vital role in gaining insights from a variety of dat...

359 views 5 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you