Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In bigpicture how to sync task hierarchy when epic and child issues are in different project Edited

Hi. We have a SAFe Program board where we keep only our SAFe features as JIra Epics. 

We then have a separate jira project for each team. The teams create their own stories for the Epics from the program jira project.  We link these stories to the Epic using the Epic Link field.

In bigpicture how do I set the task sync hierarchy so that the gantt chart automatically shows the Epic (Program Jira Project ) and then the Child issues/stories from the various team jira projects ( linked using Epic Link)  

Any advice would be much appreciated 

Luka

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

In this case, you would have to reset your current task structure. Go to Program Configuration >> Synchronization. Remove all Task Types and structure builders and then Reset Task Structure and Save. After that select Epic only in your structure builder.

Now, when you will link task from different projects with epic it will be visualized on the Gantt chart. I recommend adding a field Project to Column Views so that you could recognize which project your tasks belong to.

Please look at the screenshot from the sample program I have attached.

lujmo.pngLet me know if this meets your needs.

Cheers,

Patryk

thanks that worked 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

241 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you