In Automation for Jira, I would like to have a new issue created each year on a specified date.

Dan Leatherwood April 4, 2023

We would like to have a new issue created each year on a specific date with a specific due date.  How do I write an automation rule to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hi Dan,

Take a look at this article and see if it helps you get what you would like. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862

Dan Leatherwood April 5, 2023

Thanks John!

This article is very helpful.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Great!

0 votes
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Hi @Dan Leatherwood 

To do this simply choose the following trigger: 

When: Scheduled

You can pick once every 12 months and a specific date.

Then: Create a new issue

From here you can set what fields to set, in this case its due date. 

And that's it, feel free to customize it as you see fit with conditions or additional actions. 

Kind Regards, 

Ash 

Dan Leatherwood April 4, 2023

How do you set a specific date?  

I chose "Scheduled" and it only shows a field "Fixed rate of every" with the next field containing options of Hours, Minutes, or Days.

Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Hi @Dan Leatherwood , 

Can you see the options below? I can see you've tagged the post with server so I'm not sure if it is slightly different on server as I don't have an instance to test it with. 

Feel free to share what you see in this trigger option and I'll do my best to help.

Untitled.png

Kind Regards, 

Ash

Dan Leatherwood April 5, 2023

Apparently my server version is different than yours because I do not have those options.

I think I have it working now but I had to key it as a CRON Expression.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events