Import from Bugzilla 4.2.7

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

I'm trying to import from Bugzilla 4.2.7. Bugzilla is on rhel6 using MySQL 5.1.73.

The connection is logged but the importer responds with "Bugzilla not detected at given URL"

I see that the importer has had interpretatio issues in the past; and I do see that other users claim to have imported OK from Bugzilla 4.2.

Can you assist, please?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

This turned ou tto be an SSO issue. We have resolved by using a Bugzilla user with a local account so that it bypasses SSO authentication.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2014

This turned ou tto be an SSO issue. We have resolved by using a Bugzilla user with a local account so that it bypasses SSO authentication.

Now resolved.

Thanks for your prompt feedback.

John

pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2014

I'm glad that everything works now.

Cheers,

Przemek

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2014

Hi Josh,

we had some issues with Bugzilla (version 4.0 and newer), most of them were fixed in the last release, please update JIM plugin to the newest version (Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin) and try your import process again. This time it should work flawlessly.

Cheers,

Przemek

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2014

Thanks, but this has not fixed the issue.

My audit log to confirm that I did update to 6.1.12:-

Changes to your add-ons in the last 90 days.
Showing entries 1 - 25 of 34
Log message By Date Audit log feed
Successfully started the Universal Plugin Manager JIRA Jul 2 2014 10:03:01 AM
Installed add-on JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM) (com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin version 6.1.12) John Bayne Jul 2 2014 9:51:53 AM

I get the same error "Bugzilla not detected at given URL folowed by a 401"

Any advise on what further info I can supply?

John

pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2014

It seems that Importer cannot access Bugzilla main page. Importer is invoking HTTP GET to the specified url and in return your Bugzilla server is returning 401 (unauthorized). I got few idea what could help here:

1. Make sure that provided Bugzilla URL points to bugzilla main page which is accessible for not logged in users
  2. Make sure that bugzilla URL is accessible from JIRA server
  3. Make sure that JIRA is aware of any required proxy settings

I hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events