Import data in Table Grid

Ankit Kothari April 23, 2014

I have a CSV file which has lot of records. Each records contains a column which is of type "table". How can i import this data in JIRA? I am using tableGrid from Idalko.

Thanks,

Ankit

1 answer

0 votes
Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

I hope you got an answer to this already.  I figured out that you have to do a 2 fold import of data.  I'm looking for a better way the next time i need to do an import to that plugin field, so i'm open to new ideas, but here is what i did.

1. Import a number to the "Table Grid" field via the CSV import in JIRA
  2. Query the database to get the internal ID of all the issues you want to add the table values to.
  3. Use Excel to match up all the table grid field rows to their appropriate JIRA issue internal ID.
  4. Create a table in Excel with all the appropriate values for all your columns in your table grid editor table except the auto-incrementing ID column.
  5. Use your preferred DB insert method to insert the new rows into your table grid editor DB table.
    1. I prefer to use Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
      1. This allows you to read the actual Excel file and specifically transform the data in the application before it inserts into the db.
  6. Import another CSV similar to #1 above.  Import with a number into the "Table Grid" field which is equal to the number of rows in the Table Grid field that you imported manually into the database.

If you insert the data into the Table Grid Editor field's DB table before importing the number to the field via CSV, then the data will be in the table in the DB, but it won't show the field on the issue.  If you then import the number to the field via CSV import, it will then delete all the rows you added to the Table Grid Editor field's DB table.  So, you have to make sure you perform the action specifically in the order above.

Hope that helps if you haven't gotten an answer yet, and if you found a better way, please share.  Thanks.

Adam

*edit: I added the 6th step so that JQL filters such as "Table Grid Field" IS NOT EMPTY will work correctly because in step 1, the plugin will set the value to 0 in the db, which means that it is empty, so you have to import the number value again to get JQL to work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events