Import MPP file to BigPicture

smargam August 27, 2020

Hi Community,

We have a requirement to import MPP (Microsoft project planner) files to BigPicture plugin so that to replicate its content in BigPicture and proceed for further work.

When I import it using BigTemplate plugin then ticket details like Ticket summary, Start and End date also its links are updated in JIRA.

For BigPicture’s Gantt after import it is just showing links in left panel and showing timelines in right panel but without links between parent child even if it is present the mpp file.

My concern here is everything needs to be imported as is, like for issues in JIRA all the details needs to populated(or imported) for Gantt chart all details like links and other details should be imported and for Resources module if Resource Name /Assignee is present for ticket then it should be shown accordingly.

Below are environment details :

JIRA version : 8.1

BigPicture : 7.11.18

BigTemplate : 3.6.2

Request you to please let me know if there is a way out to solve this(it would be okay even if without using any plugin or any plugin other than BigTemplate).

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 27, 2020

Hello

not sure if I got it right, but are you missing the tree-like structure, called WBS, to which the green arrow points in fig. 1?

If so, I'd try to go to BigPicture program configuration, the one to which you imported your mpp file, and I'd attempt to locate the MS Project link name there, see fig. 2, and if it's there I'd enable it and drag and drop it to the first position so that it builds the work breakdown structure.

Fig. 1

tree-like-structure-gantt-chart.png

Fig. 2

wbs-config.png

smargam August 27, 2020

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I can see the tree like structure in below figure which comes fine when imported without issues,WBS.

I did the configuration you mentioned above but still not able to see the links in Gantt chart, PSB :

Issues and Gantt.PNG

Below is the configuration :

Parent Child Configuration.PNG

Please suggest

Like Jack Vergoz likes this
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

Hi @smargam 

Please excuse me for replying to this so late. 

As I see in the screenshot, you managed to correctly build the structure (the tasks are grouped within the epic as expected). Do you face any other issues regarding this? 

If so, I encourage you to raise a ticket to our Support Team via the Service Desk. Our team of experts will be able to look at your case and troubleshoot or provide necessary guidance promptly, tailored specifically to your scenario. 

I hope that this helps. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events