Impact of setting custom field value from scripted field

Vedant Kulkarni March 16, 2021

Is anybody aware of the impact of setting custom field value from the scripted field? Please help me to understand it.

I needed to fetch the scripted field data from DB. I copied the scripted field value in another custom field so that I can fetch the duplicated custom field from DB, but not sure what would be the impact of this.

2 answers

0 votes
Benz Kek _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2021

Hello Vedant,

From what you described, it shouldn't cause much issue if you are copying the Scripted Field value from another custom field. 

Perhaps you can share more on the Scripted Field configuration (like its type and script) and the custom field you are copying it from (using what ScriptRunner features to copy, the custom field type, and script) then we can look further into it. 

Regards, 

Vedant Kulkarni March 18, 2021

Thanks for the response @Benz Kek _Adaptavist_.

The scripted field is a result of some calculations performed using groovy code and returning the value in number format. As you know we cannot fetch this scripted field data from the DB, so I'm trying to set another custom field value from a scripted field code. So that the duplicated custom field can be fetched from the DB.

But not sure about the impact of this, have you come across such cases?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

Hi Vedant - what does the value look like? And what type of custom field is it?

Just because it came in from a scripted field, I don't see anything that would cause an issue. 

Vedant Kulkarni March 18, 2021

Thanks for the response @John Funk .

The scripted field is a result of some calculations performed using groovy code and returning the value in number format. 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

I think you should be good then. 

Like Vedant Kulkarni likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events