Ignore Commits Based on Commit Message Text

TSM Admin May 25, 2012

We use svnmerge to manage mutliple developer branches and our integration tree. We need the ability to ignore any commit message with a certain keyword (svnmerge) since the default svnmerge commit messages contain all commit messages concatenated together. So, the wrong commits are getting attached to issues in JIRA. How can we do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

I am assuming you are talking about the svnmerge python script verses the svn merge command. Actually it does not matter. The svn commit, where the message is added, is usually done separately. I know that the svnmerge.py script does not do the commit. The svnmerge script only suggests a commit message. I would preprocess message before the commit to change your tags in the suggested message like MERGEDIN<tag>-<number>.

http://www.orcaware.com/svn/wiki/Svnmerge.py

TSM Admin May 26, 2012

I ended changing "commit-verbose" option to False. This excluded detailed revision messages.

TSM Admin May 26, 2012

I am talking about python script. I will look into changing default change message. Do you by chance know where the template is? I'll research and accept once I find it.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2012

Which template? Do you mean the regex for figuring out Jira's issue identifiers?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Configuring+Project+Keys

0 votes
TSM Admin May 25, 2012
I am talking about python script. I will look into changing default change message. Do you by chance know where the template is? I'll research and accept once I find it.
TSM Admin May 26, 2012

I ended changing "commit-verbose" option to False. This excluded detailed revision messages.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2012

Which template? Are you asking about the regex expression used by Jira to match for jira issues in svn messages?

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2012

You did not state which Jira plugin you are using to get your issues processed into Jira? Fisheye, Subversion or some other external scripts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events