If i create a filter for one project, will it work for all projects?

Gustavo Silva January 20, 2016

For example: I created a filter by assignee for "the projext x", then, i gone to other project and the first filter was there. The question is: will this filter work for every projects or i have to create other filter like that to other project?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

By definition, no.  "A filter for one project" means you're saying "only look at this project".  So it's not going to work for all projects because you've said you only want to look at one project.

If you mean "the filter appears in my list of filters, whatever project I look at", then sort of.  Filters are independent of projects, they just say "go find issues matching these rules".  One of the rules can be "project = X", which will stop it reporting on issues that aren't in X.  But just as easy is creating filters that don't have project rules - they will work for all projects because you're not narrowing it down.

Gustavo Silva January 21, 2016

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events