If I install Jiraffe, is it automatically enabled?

Morgan_Heijdemann April 11, 2016

I have a lot of users, and would like to quietly work on installing and configuring Jiraffe until it's ready to be shown/used. I wouldn't want them to suddenly walk into work in the morning and have Jiraffe pop up in JIRA everywhere.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bug Potion April 12, 2016

Hello Morgan,

After the installation of Jiraffe you have to activate Jiraffe in the project you want. In actual version of Jiraffe, when you activate the plugin in a
project, all user, with some role in this project, can see the menu option to go to the adventure view. The user only has one page to see the plugin options, any popup you will see.
In the next version of Jiraffe, you will activate the plugin for a project and the users that you want. Not only the user with a role in the project.

Morgan_Heijdemann April 12, 2016

Alright, thanks for the explanation. Does that mean that, if I made a new project (for me only) and activated Jiraffe for that project, nobody else would see it? That would work fine.

Bug Potion April 12, 2016

Yes, is it. But if you use a general role assigned to this project, like jira-users. All users with this role can see this project and the Jiraffe adventure.
For this situation, the next Jiraffe's version change the way to assign users to an adventure. It will be more flexible and configurable.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events