IQL for referenced objects during CSV import

Marc Watkins October 23, 2017

When trying to perform a CSV import into a pre-existing Insight database, if the imported attribute is a type "Reference" to another object, an IQL statement is required during the field mapping phase.  Does anyone know what that IQL statement should be?

Example: I have an attribute ("Company Name") in an object called "Contracts" which is an attribute of type reference to the object "Company".  While setting up the CSV sync, on the field mapping page, it requires me to enter an IQL in order to map the referenced field.

2 answers

1 vote
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2022
0 votes
Marc Watkins October 23, 2017

This is in Insight version 5.1.1

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Hi Marc!

You can read on the import concepts at https://documentation.riada.se/display/ICV50/General+Import+Concepts and there is a section for the object mapping IQL.

There is even a complete page about this at https://documentation.riada.se/display/ICV50/Import+Concept+-+Object+Type+Reference

But basically, if the label for the Company is Name, the IQL would look something like Name = ${CSV_HEADER_NAME} where CSV_HEADER_NAME is the datalocator used for the attribute.

Best Regards
Alexander

Steve Letch June 17, 2019

Hi Alexander

I've been going over your documentation for days and it's quite difficult to conceptualise how IQL works.

Additionally I've been unable to map fields with an import to another object.

Example is in the CSV I have Current user, I am importing my list of laptops, when I import the laptops and their assigned users I want it to link to my Users objecttype objects that were created with my Jira user sync. I've tried many combinations and still cant get it to work

Piyush A (STR)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

I'm struggling with such imports from Server to Cloud. The case here is I'm importing based on the Key number, but that takes on its own.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events