IQL Language Help

Harry Rumble February 21, 2020

Hello!

I am trying to create an automation rule; for when an object is created, if a date/time attribute (in this case, inventory date) is empty upon object creation, then today's date/time is automatically applied to that attribute field. 

I've been trying to use the attribute value for this as %%CURRENTDATE_TIME%%, is this the correct value?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2020

Hi Harry.
      Here is a suggested configuration:

WHEN: Object Created Event

IF (IQL):  "Inventory Date" IS EMPTY

THEN: Action - Attribute Value;

Set the Attribute: "Inventory Date"

With the Value: ${Created}

This will set the Date, from the Attribute "Created" into the "Inventory Date" Attribute...

Note that Attribute names are Case Sensitive.

Kind regards,

Yinon

Mindville Support Team

Harry Rumble February 24, 2020

Thank you Yinon! That configuration worked perfectly. 

The issue I am seeing now is the automation applies each time an object is created, however, sometimes the attribute value is only seen in the object's history.

The "Last Inventoried" date is not actually added to that attribute, but in the history it is  noted as value added and everything lines up in that sense.

I've seen this issue on other similar automation rules we have configured as well; should I open up a ticket with Mindville?

Thank you,

Harry

Yinon Negev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi Harry.

Glad to hear the configuration works :)

Regarding the Attribute showing as updated in the History, but no value is visible on the Object - this is most probably related to a caching issue we are currently working to fix: https://jira.mindville.com/browse/ICS-1479

Just to verify this - you can run a clean re-index of Insight (Keyboard shortcut '.' + type 'indexing Insight') - after re-index is complete, your attribute should show the Values...

Kind regards,

Yinon

Mindville Support Team  

0 votes
Daniel Canizalez December 13, 2021

Hi, great anwser it helped too, but i neet to substract current date (- now () functions) there is a way to do that on value i mean $ {Created} - now ()

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events