IQL Filtering for JIRA Service Desk

Richard Winstock December 12, 2017

Hi

I have a multi-customer Service Desk Project, which uses Insight to provide various bits of information, all displayed via a set of cascading Insight Custom Fields.  I would like to be able to filter the customer fields using IQL.

I have a value against each Insight object called "Customer" which is equal to the value of Organization in JSD.  So my simplistic IQL would be

"Customer" = Organization

But this doesn't work - any ideas?

Regards

Richard

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi Richard,

This is because there aren't any placeholders available in the IQL for the custom fields. According to your IQL, the Customer has to have the Label Organization, so it's not dynamically picking up the name for the Organization selected.

What can be done is to restrict a custom field to User Related Objects, it fetches on User type, Group type and Email default type attributes.

In that use case, you would have one field where you chose the organisation (Insight object, custom field), which you should be restricting to User Related Objects on the current user.

Then the other fields would be Insight reference fields, where you can select the objects references from the organisation selected in the first field mentioned.

Let me know what you think about the above approach.

You can read more about our custom fields at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-custom-fields where we have links to our different custom fields.

Best Regards
Alexander

Richard Winstock December 12, 2017

Hi - the "Oraganization" isn't a custom field really = it's a built-in JSD field.

The User Related objects is a potential option but as you've said would require the JSD Agent to select the Organization, and *then* select it again in an Insight field :-(

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Yes, it's not an optimal solution, but the closest thing that can be done.

Just a thought, it should be possible using an post function to set the organisation field afterwards, and in that way only use the insight organisation field to restrict the other fields, and then when the issue is created, the "real" organisation field could be set by default to the same field as the Insight organisation.

Best Regards
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events