Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

IQL Attribute Filter including Inbound References

Edited

My situation is as follows:

1. I have the following object types: Operating System, PC Software, Software License

2. Both the OS and PC Software have an attribute linking to a Software License, i.e. the Software Licenses have inbound references from OS and/or PC Software

So that's the setup for the software and related licenses.

Then I have an object type 'Server' with the following attributes:

1. Software (of type 'PC Software')

2. Operating System (of type 'Operating System'

3. Licenses (of type 'Software License')

Now, my idea, because I had this behavior in other tools, is that I can select softwares and an operating system and then have the licenses being filtered to only 'valid' licenses that are linked to these softwares/operating systems. As far as I can see, this is possible using the inboundReferences (inR) function.

What I tested (IQL filter on the 'Licenses' attribute):

object having inR(objectType IN ("Operating System", "PC Software") )

--> This works, it only shows licenses that are actually linked to a software/OS

object having inR(Name LIKE "windows")

--> This also works, only licenses that have a software linked with "windows" in their name show up

However, what I just can't get to work is the following and I don't understand why it's not working (in this example, I just do it for Software):

object having inR(Key IN ${Software${0}})

or

object having inR(Name IN ${Software.Name${0}})

As far as I understand this should work? I'm using the following as a reference:

https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/latest/insight-with-placeholders-33466747.html

https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/latest/iql-insight-query-language-33467338.html

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

479 views 5 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you