IFTTT Email Macro always deletes receipts upon creating a new page.

Jonathan An April 26, 2021

I have a page set up when it uses an IFTTTT to create a new page using a registration control. Inside the IFTTT, I pulled in all the contents that would be part of my new page. It creates the page perfectly...except, the email. I use an IFTTT rule for the email, on created, and have the recipients set to [entry.emailusers] which is a field definition I created that allows you to select multiple users to choose who you want to send it to. Every time a new page is initially created, it deletes the contents for "Recipients" and "SendeStep 1.pngStep 2.pngStep 3.pngStep 4.pngStep 5.pngr".

How can I get the email recipients to maintain my field definition for recipients and the [entry.createdBy] for sender?

Here are some photo examples. In order. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Hi

You are creating a page via ConfiForms that has some other ConfiForms forms which use dynamically referenced field values via [entry.field_name]?

is that correct?

Alex

Correct in a way. It doesn't reference the same values anywhere else though. 

The first initial page doesn't reference those values. It's all referenced once it creates a new page. Though, it does reference [entry.created.By] in multiple places. 

Re-reading your comment, I might have misunderstood. Both pages will use dynamically referenced field values but not the same values. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

It doe snot delete the references, but evaluates them against the current record used to create a page

To workaround this you may use asEntryRef https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions for [entry.field_name] references you have INSIDE the IFTTT that creates a page that you want to transform to [entry.field_name] expressions, and not values

Is there a way I could send you my entire page? I feel it would be easier for you to understand if you could see it. 

Am I supposed to add this into the IFTTT for the on created email in recipients and senders or the IFTTT for creating the page? Not sure where I should be inserting this.  Could you please provide an example on how this is set up?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2021

Instead of [entry.EmailUsers] you put

[entry.id.asEntryRef(entry.EmailUsers)]

Just like the documentation for this function suggests 

Thank you. This worked. Out of curiousity, is there a way to allow adding files to a "comment" field?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2021

"Comment" field in ConfiForms is used to store comments - only text values.

If you want to store files then you need to store them using "file" type field in ConfiForms

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events