ICTIME UPDATE BLOCK JIRA

Ariadne IT13374030156 March 27, 2013

Today I updated ictime. After this operation ictime stopped to work making some pages (such as project details) unusable.

I have to disable it to continue to use JIRA (without ictime)

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the plugin, unsuccessfully

The trace log is very long.. these are some lines

2013-03-28 18:36:25,307 ajp-bio-8109-exec-24 ERROR torriani 1116x1704x2 4eqfex 172.27.1.182 /rest/ictime/1.0/rest/checkPermission [atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager] Unable to create filter
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.iconcept.ictime.services.DefaultReportService.initSQLProcessor(DefaultReportService.java:160)
at de.iconcept.ictime.services.DefaultReportService.<init>(DefaultReportService.java:96)
at de.iconcept.ictime.rest.RestResource.<init>(RestResource.java:230)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jtw-ic April 2, 2013

After analyzing the logs I found the problem and was able to fix it. There will be a new release in the next days with some more bugfixes. Thank you very much for the information you gave us.

jtw-ic April 7, 2013

The new release 2.3.7 is available now. The problem you had was caused by a missing attribute in your dbconfig.xml (probably the "schema-name" tag), which has no influence on JIRA but was causing a null pointer exception in our plugin.

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

For the moment I would recommend you to try to get back to the last version that worked for you, i.e. you uninstall the plugin and re-install the version you had before. Please provide the complete stacktrace to jiraplugins@interconcept.de, together with the following information:

- database you are using (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, ...)

- your JIRA version.

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

Another question, you updated from which ictime version to which ictime version?

Ariadne IT13374030156 March 28, 2013

unfortunately I hav trouble with my backup

I sent you an email to your address

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events