• Community
  • Products
  • Apps & Integrations
  • Questions
  • I would like to add dates to my tasks on a flow board, which is not connected to JIRA. Ideally, I would like to create tasks with dates in the flow board and have those linked to a calendar. Is this possible?

I would like to add dates to my tasks on a flow board, which is not connected to JIRA. Ideally, I would like to create tasks with dates in the flow board and have those linked to a calendar. Is this possible?

Deleted user March 9, 2017

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

If it's not connected to JIRA, then I'm not sure what you're asking here for.  Could you explain?  Is the "not connected to JIRA" really meaning you want to connect it to JIRA, or implement whatever this "flow board" is in JIRA instead?

Deleted user March 9, 2017

I created a flowboard in Confluence, and am adding tasks within the Confluence Wiki (first screenshot below). The dialogue box lets me assign the task and add a description, but doesn't let me add a due date. This is a functionality that Trello has (screenshot below). 

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 5.00.51 PM.png

Trello example: 

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 5.02.29 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

You've said "flowboard" a few times now without explaining what you think it is.

Confluence is a wiki, not a process tool, but it does have tasks, and that's what you've shown here.  Confluence tasks are simple to-do items associated with pages or spaces.  They're not fully featured process items like you get from Trello or JIRA, they're no more complex than post-it notes stuck to items saying "do this"

If you want a due date and other features, you're going to need to use a proper process tool like Trello or JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events