I want to do automation about email notification on certain custom date field

Jason Liu August 24, 2022

Hi, the user wants to have an automation about email notification. When it's left for 3 days or 5 days to the Due Date or other custom date field, the assignee could receive set-up email notification. We don't want to install more plug-ins. We have Script Runner now. Also JSU automation plug-in. Is there anyone know what's the most simple way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Jason Liu 

What about using default subscriptions?

• Go to Issues -> Search for Issues -> Write JQL
    (Ex, issues due within 3 days; due < 3d and due > now() and assignee = currentUser())
  • Save and share this filter.
  • Click Details -> New subscription -> Choose recipients and configure other details.

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-24 11.39.35.png

Jason Liu August 24, 2022

Hi Tansu, Thank you for your response. So this function cannot be customized, right? I think it can only be sent to certain groups or something. What's this personal subscription? Can I use this function to send email to assignees or other personnels?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Yes, subscription can be personal or shared with a group. If you share it with a group, group members will get their own issues where they they are assignee. If one member doesn't have any issue matching the query, he/she doesn't get. Because in JQL there is an "assignee = currentUser()" part. In personal subscription, you just subscribe for yourself.

What do you mean by customization? If you mean mail template, you can not edit it. It could be possible with Automation for Jira or with some coding in Script Runner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events