I see Zephyr plugin enabled but do not see the Test menu item as specified on Zephyr web site. Let me know how to enable the Test with in jira using Zephyr plugin

Viswapani Viswapani June 5, 2012

I see Zephyr plugin enabled but do not see the Test menu item as specified on Zephyr web site. Let me know how to enable the Test with in jira using Zephyr plugin

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

Allmas,

The Test Management Plugin that is available with JIRA On-Demand is a connector that sends metrics from a JIRA instance to a seperate Zephyr Test Management Instance, either our Zephyr Enterprise Edition or our Zephyr Community Edition. This is the plugin you have enabled. It doesn't produce a "Tests" Menu.

You do not have the Zephyr for JIRA plugin, which you want. The Zephyr for JIRA plugin is only available of installation on On-Premise Installations of JIRA. This detail is identified here:

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Installation

We at Zephyr would like the Zephyr for JIRA Plugin supported on JIRA on Demand, and are working with Atlassian. There is however no time line availalbe for this implimentation. Please file a feature request with them.

Kind Regards,
Chris

0 votes
Deleted user June 11, 2012

I have the Zephyr Test Management Plugin installed in an On-Demand Jira 5.0. It came bundled with the other plugins. But I cant see the Test menu as mentioned in the question. Is this because this is an On-Demand app? If so, then why is it part of the default plug-ins if it cant be used?

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

Hi,

When you say the Zephyr Plugin is enabled, can you identify what the plugin is called and what version it is? Also, what version of JIRA are you using? Is it On-Demand or is it On-Premise?

I ask because the following factors play into your deployment:

1. There are two Zephyr plugins in the Atlassian Market Place. Both can be seen here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=Zephyr

The first is the Zephyr Enterprise Connector for JIRA. This plugin is associated with our Zephyr Enterprise Edition and sends defect metrics to the Zephyr Enterprise Dashboards. The second is the Zephyr for JIRA - Test Managmenet Inside JIRA plugin. This plugin sits inside JIRA and adds native issue type of Test.

You want the second plugin, not the first. If you have enabled the first, then the Test drop down menu will not appear.

2. Zephyr for JIRA is only supported by JIRA 5.0.x at this point. If you installed it on JIRA 4.0, we wouldn't expect it to work correctly.

3. Zephyr for JIRA is only available on JIRA On-Premise installations. It is not yet available for JIRA On-Demand deployment. If you have an On-Premise install of JIRA 5.0.x, you can deploy the Zephyr for JIRA plugin. If you have an On-Demand deployment, you can't deploy Zephyr for JIRA. Our Zephyr Enterprise Connector is available in an On-Demand deployment.

Hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events