I'm facing issue with WBS Gant, custom fields added in the Gantt are Readonly. Need editable

utkarsha.sawant March 1, 2021

I am using the WBS Gantt chart for Project planning in JIRA. I have created one custom field which needs to be set by the user for each task level. So added that as a column in the Gantt but I'm facing the issue, custom fields added in the Gantt chart are Readonly. I need it to be editable.  Expecting resolution for this ASAP which will help to minimize efforts of editing task / plan 

1 answer

0 votes
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2021

Hello @utkarsha.sawant

Most of the Custome fields of Server version are editable. Please refer to the following documentation.

スクリーンショット 2021-03-03 9.55.27.png

To edit a column:

1. Click Edit in the Operations column.
    スクリーンショット 2021-03-03 10.22.10.png
  2. Check Edit: "Yes", then Update
    スクリーンショット 2021-03-03 10.24.02.png

Please let me know if the above steps won't solve your issue!

Best,
Hal

utkarsha.sawant March 3, 2021

hi,

Thank you for your information. My custom field is of type Select List. Can you let us know will it work for this ?

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

Hello @utkarsha.sawant ,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, Select List isn't an editable field on the app. Is it possible to use Component/s, which is an editable field, instead?

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,

utkarsha.sawant March 4, 2021

@Hikaru , No it is not possible to use the component.

Can we add an extra field in WBS Gantt?

How can I assign multiple users with allocation % against and issue using the JIRA custom field?

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2021

Hello @utkarsha.sawant ,

Yes, you can add an extra field in WBS Gantt. Please see the document below.

You cannot assign an issue to multiple users since Jira only allows one assignee. What you can do instead is creating a sub-task and assign different users. 

Best,
Hal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events