I installed Figma for Jira but I don't see the 'Designs' field in the issue screen

Philippe Brodier November 17, 2018

According to the Marketplace page in Atlassian, after installing Figma for Jira I should see a field named 'Designs' in an issue.

I did install the app (it appears under Manage apps), but I don't see the field appearing in the issues. Nor can I see the 'Designs' field in the settings for the project.

What am I missing? Or is this a bug?

5 answers

4 votes
Tyler.Burnett September 28, 2021

This issue is still persistent on our team managed project, A fix would be fantastic.

0 votes
Jorge Martinez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2022

Hi friends!

Indeed, you won't find 'Designs' as fields in the screen settings but if you check the options bellow the Summary in issue view you'll find the option.

image.png

After you do that, you must be able to put a figma url so you will visualize figma content in Jira. 

image.png

0 votes
Keely Dayak October 17, 2019

I also ran into this same issue after installing yesterday. My issue ended up being that the Figma Design portal does not work in the new issue view that Atlassian introduced to Jira last month. If I switch to the old view, it shows properly.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2018

Have you given it a licence?  (Evaluation will enable all functions)

Hi Nic, thanks for the quick reply!

I just checked the settings for "Figma for Jira" in the Jira settings and I don't see anywhere where I could provide a license.

Also, the app is listed as 'Free' in the marketplace. Would a license be necessary anyway?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2018

Ah, free ones often don't need licences.

I'm afraid you'll need to check that the app is enabled, and if it is, the next step is probably to check the docs and contact the authors.

I've not used it, so I can't really help beyond the basics.

I believe it is enabled automatically. I don't see any 'enable/disable' switch. The docs basically just say 'go to Find new App, install Figma, you're all set'.

So I'll contact Figma directly.

Thanks for your time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events