Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I am unable to get linked issues into email subject in post function

Edited

Hello Team,

Can anyone help me with how to get linked issues into the post function custom email subject?

I used the below solution but it didn't work out, the preview comes as plain text in the subject as shown below

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Inclusion-of-Linked-Issues-in-scripted-post-function-email/qaq-p/40538

intergrate bug <br/> &lt;% out &lt;&lt; "Linked Issues " issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.id).each {issueLink -&gt; def d = issueLink.destinationObject out &lt;&lt; issueLink.issueLinkType.outward &lt;&lt; ": " &lt;&lt; d.getStatus() &lt;&lt; " [" &lt;&lt; d.getKey() &lt;&lt; "] " &lt;&lt; d.getSummary &lt;&lt; " " } %&gt;

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Fuego Coffee , are you also using ScriptRunner, or another app (such as our JMWE app)?

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Nov 23, 2020

Hi @Fuego Coffee  - I am pretty sure that is not allowed in the Subject line. You should be able to put it in the body though.

can we achieve it by creating a variable and then use the variable in subject.

John Funk Community Leader Nov 30, 2020

The best thing I can tell is just to try it. But the bottom line is that you are probably not going to be able to put multiple items in the Subject - just a single value. The body should be used for links and multiple items returned. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

462 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you