Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I am unable to get linked issues into email subject in post function

Edited

Hello Team,

Can anyone help me with how to get linked issues into the post function custom email subject?

I used the below solution but it didn't work out, the preview comes as plain text in the subject as shown below

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Inclusion-of-Linked-Issues-in-scripted-post-function-email/qaq-p/40538

intergrate bug <br/> &lt;% out &lt;&lt; "Linked Issues " issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.id).each {issueLink -&gt; def d = issueLink.destinationObject out &lt;&lt; issueLink.issueLinkType.outward &lt;&lt; ": " &lt;&lt; d.getStatus() &lt;&lt; " [" &lt;&lt; d.getKey() &lt;&lt; "] " &lt;&lt; d.getSummary &lt;&lt; " " } %&gt;

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Fuego Coffee , are you also using ScriptRunner, or another app (such as our JMWE app)?

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Nov 23, 2020

Hi @Fuego Coffee  - I am pretty sure that is not allowed in the Subject line. You should be able to put it in the body though.

can we achieve it by creating a variable and then use the variable in subject.

John Funk Community Leader Nov 30, 2020

The best thing I can tell is just to try it. But the bottom line is that you are probably not going to be able to put multiple items in the Subject - just a single value. The body should be used for links and multiple items returned. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Apps for Confluence you won't want to miss: RSVP for September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators and Confluence users! Our Appy Hours event on September 29th features 4 presenters demoing functionality to superpower Confluence. Don't miss learning about these apps i...

125 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events