I am trying to integrate Jira in the cloud with our on prem manageengine service desk plus instance.

Lucas Zampetti January 5, 2021

Is this possible or would both instances have to be on prem?

1 answer

1 vote
Priska Aprilia January 5, 2021

Hi Lucas,

What kind of integration?

Is it syncing the issues between two instances? 

I did a quick search on the available connector. SD Plus seems to provide one for Jira here. Based on the description, it seems the connector is only for Jira on premise.

Other alternative is to use REST APIs call. It will depend which instance will be the entry of the ticket creation. Jira can call SD Plus REST APIs and vice versa. Since your SD Plus is on prem and Jira will be on Cloud, you need to think about the security on your SD Plus side if Jira needs to create ticket in SD Plus. You may want to whitelist the Jira cloud services IP addresses. Or even having a middleware in place.

Lucas Zampetti January 6, 2021

Hello Priska,

That is the correct connector and those are the instructions I followed. I reached out to SDP support and asked about the ability to connect to a cloud instance of Jira and they seemed confident it would work as long as I was using an API key generated from Atlassian and my email account. 

Here is their response.

Yes, you can integrate Servicedesk Plus with JIRA cloud version as well, and to do that, follow the below steps:

In the integration settings, the username should be an "email address".  

The password field should be filled in with the API key generated from the JIRA account. 

You can use the HTTPS URL in the server name and port 443.

The token says it’s never been accessed so I wonder if there is an issue authenticating my account. We are using Atlassian access so we can use SSO. On top of that we also use DUO for MFA. I have not been prompted to authenticate during the setup so maybe the URL I have entered is incorrect?

It does say if we are using MFA to use a rest API but I assumed that was your version of MFA and maybe it wasn’t necessary when we are using access, our own federated server, and MFA.

Any help is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events