I am outputting a log in the form of an HTML file but I can't link to it.

Jason Galm March 28, 2013

I am working on a test machine, and I am not sure where to put the file. Right now it is on my desktop and I create a link to it, I am getting an error. When I tried making making the file first as "./log.html" it places the file in my system 32 folder, so for my desktop, I made the link "../../Users/myName/Desltop/log.html"

now I get an error when I click on the link

/secure/Users/myName/Desktop/log.html

I don't have a folder named secure in my system32 folder. Where should I toss these files?

Oh I know the file is there, and I can open it manually with firefox.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

I have no idea what the problem you have having is. Are you writing an html file with some groovy code? And you want to allow the users to click on a link to open it?

If my guesswork is correct, you need to put it somewhere under the installation where it's downloadable from, but I don't think that's a very good idea.

Actually I made a groovy script and it uses the file and filewriter to output the HTML file. I am just not sure where to put the files right now.

I know when we roll it out, the plan was to put them in the temp folder or a folder that only the webserver has access to.

Thank you :-)

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

I don't think tomcat will serve files from the temp folder. Charts and so on are served from there by a special "stream and delete" servlet. I would set up apache and write the files to somewhere under the document root.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events