Hyperlinks won't work in COnfluence

Pieter Geurts January 19, 2021

A new tab opens when I click a link, but it won't go to the url

1 answer

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Is this happening with multiple links?  Are you the one editing the page to add the links?  If so how are you doing this?

Pieter Geurts January 19, 2021

It is happening with multiple links. I am the one editing the page.

I am adding an action (link to web) onto an shape 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

What browser are you using?  Does the new tab go to your home page or is it just a blank page?  What is in the address bar of the new tab?  When you hover over the shape, does it show a link?

Pieter Geurts January 20, 2021

It will open a new tab with about:blank in address bar in Chrome.

Just tested it in Firefox and everything works fine.  

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

I would suggest opening a ticket with Atlassian, if you can create a HAR file for them in both Chrome and Firefox, that should be helpful for them.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

@Pieter GeurtsIt could be worth a try to delete cache in Chrome browser - to double check testing in an incognito window is also fine.

Pieter Geurts February 1, 2021

If i load the page in incognito mode, and hover over the field it will keep saying loading. Nothing happens when i click.

Screenshot from 2021-02-01 15-53-54.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2021

Could you describe in detail how you inserted the field and how you created the link? Maybe supported by screenshots?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events