Hyperion Scripting for JIRA - New add-on for writing extensions for JIRA in TypeScript/JavaScript

Erko Knoll August 8, 2018

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that my add-on was finally approved by Atlassian and is now available in marketplace for general use. The add-on in question is Hyperion Scripting for JIRA. 

It's an add-on that allows to write extensions (customization through code) for JIRA using TypeScript which is a superset of JavaScript. Hyperion scripting is a combination of TypeScript and Java and JIRA APIs. It comes with a stand alone IDE which aims to provide the best user experience when it comes to scripting. It has all the features you would need for scripting. Including features related to previewing/testing and troubleshooting. It can also work with multiple JIRA instances simultaneously. And because scripts are stored locally on client's PC you can attach any source control system you like to Hyperion workspace.

Among the many features Hyperion IDE provides, perhaps the most valuable is the IntelliSense support. IntelliSense provides many features to help script writers to be more productive. For example, if you have written Java or C# before, and you love how IDEs, that work with those languages, help you write code more productively, then you can expect the same features to be available in Hyperion IDE through IntelliSense. In fact the editor that powers Hyperion IDE is the same editor that is powering Visual Studio Code which is extremely popular code editor.

Hyperion IDE is also a framework, so other people could extend Hyperion beyond its original capabilities by writing JIRA add-ons in Java. It works exactly the same as writing regular JIRA add-ons, but instead of targeting JIRA APIs, you would target Hyperion APIs.

There is a lot more to Hyperion Scripting. I'm gonna leave the links below where you can check more in detail if you are interested. Perhaps the easiest way to learn how Hyperion works in a nutshell is to check out this video, which demos Hyperion in action.

Additional links:
Marketplace listing

Hyperion website

Blog post where I go over features in more detail

Please don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any. But please bear in mind that the add-on is still in beta and cliches may occur. 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events