HttpServletRequest jar file

Ganesh Srinivasan February 1, 2012

I am trying to develop a Crowd plugin, but getting stuck on HttpServletRequest (and its wrapper class) unresolved. Per Crowd documentation, it only required JDK 1.6 and hence I did not install JEE. By any chance are these classes only available in J2EE? Can you point me to a JAR file that I can download to resolve the issue? I am using Eclipse and I have tried referencing the servlet-api.jar from tomcat lib folder. That jar file only goes up to javax.servlet.http.*, but does not include the ....http.HttpServletRequest nor HttpServletRequestWrapper classes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ganesh

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

You should put this in your pom:

<dependency>
            <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
            <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.3</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

Ganesh Srinivasan February 6, 2012

Hi Jamie,

I am a .NET / C# developer and I am dealing with a huge learning curve with Servlets and Eclipse. I understand Project Object Model xml needs to be created for the project I am building? With Eclipse I am stumbling on all kinds of names like Maven, Indigo, Mylyn etc. Searching for pom.xml on the drive yields several in Eclipse folders under features and configuration folders. Am I to copy / paste one of these into my project folder to start? Any pointers to a very good quick read tutorial or book will get me started.

Thanks in advance.

Ganesh

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2012

Hi Ganesh, well, the learning cliff is quite steep. Start by creating a project from an archetype in the Atlassian SDK. Googling for Atlassian SDK will get you what you need. That will create your pom.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events