How to use {{comment.internal}} on Automation for JIRA

HH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

I want to use

{{comment.internal}}

while using Automation for JIRA in order to only send an email if a comment is external. However I tried using the compare condition parameter within the add on and that is throwing an error as it resolves to:

{{comment.internal}} = false

false = false 

Not sure how I can test whether it's true or false before firing an email event. 

Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm stuck! :)

Thanks,

Hollie

3 answers

2 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 25, 2018

Hey there Hollie,

What you have there should work. Are you using the compare condition? You'll want to have it look something like:

Project_automation_-_Your_Company_JIRA.png

Hope that helps! If not can you post a screenshot of your config?

Cheers,

Mark C

HH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hi Mark, 

It comes back and says it doesn't match even when I put an external comment on the ticket. The Audit log shows this: 

Action details:

JQL condition

The following issues passed:IT-1292

Compare condition

The following issues did not match the condition:IT-1292

My screenshot looks exactly like yours does above :( 

comparecondition.JPG

automation.jpg

Thanks,

Hollie

HH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

I had a space in front of the first {{ - removed that and it worked like a charm!

4 votes
Answer accepted
HH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

I had a space in front of the first {{ - removed that and it worked like a charm!

5 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2021

Why isn't this an out-of-the-box option for comment-based triggers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events