How to use Jira Kanban data and connect it to Tableau

Shital_Gupta April 22, 2020

How to use Jira Data source Kanban to Jira .

I am new to Jira and specially want to understand the Kanban Jira to understand my team 

task how much task is done and in Progress and Pending . I found on Jira that i can hover over and come to know but want to understand in detail.

I have to connect that data in Tableau Desktop any guide and help will be really appreciated. 

Regards,

Shital. 

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Shital_Gupta 

I'm wondering if you found a solution for this older question eventually.

I know the Tableau connector to Jira isn't that good. What we do is 2 different paths, maybe that can help you if you are still undecided here:

1. Push Jira data into a standard database or files in a Google Drive, for example, which can be read conveniently by Tableau.
  2. Make use of apps like eazyBI which allow advansed Jira reporting OOTB, which is in most cases faster and more convenient for end users to use.
Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Peter Bengov 

Could you, please specify what you mean by "Tableau connector for Jira isn't that good"? Some more constructive details to this general observation from your side would be of great value. 

As a vendor, we aim to improve the app based on user feedback, and I'd appreciate it a lot if you shared some details on this issue: atlassian@alpha-serve.com 

Thanks!

Hi @Shital_Gupta 

If the issue is still on your desk, you can try to use our Tableau Connector for Jira in addition to the other 2 options provided above. The app now allows exporting boards to Tableau, including KanBan board. Feel free to contact the support team, they'll be glad to assist with this. 

Anna

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events