How to update space permissions in bulk?

Sowndarya May 22, 2019

Hi,

We have new admin group say, "conf-admins" created via Crowd.

We need to add this group to all confluence spaces with all access (admin) .

Any idea how we can do this via ScriptRunner for Confluence?

Thnx.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Gough [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

Hi Sowndarya,

I was able to write a script which should accomplish what you need. Please find it at the following link:

https://bitbucket.org/snippets/Adaptavist/6eM7y8/add-group-to-all-spaces-with-administrator

Kind regards,
Tony

Sowndarya June 3, 2019

Thankyou Tony.

I wrote similar to script to set default permissions to all spaces and added the new admin groups to default permissions on global level.

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2022

Hi @Tony Gough [Adaptavist] ,

could you kindly help me with the execution of the script?

When I paste it into the console in SR under Confluence version 7.13.2 (SR 6.39.0), I get a warning.

grafik.png
When I make the suggested change to the script, I get an error message.

grafik.png

Please assist me with the next steps.

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Priya Ayyadevara December 4, 2022

@Tony Gough [Adaptavist] is there a script to remove a group from all spaces ?

essentially we are trying to a make the entire site read-only .so we would like to remove the confluence-users group from all spaces and add it back with view permission only .

can you please help ?

Like Josh Kronick likes this
0 votes
Stella Schneider -Smateso- January 15, 2023

Hi there!

If anyone is still searching for a solution on how to manage multiple space and page permissions without scripting in Confluence here it is!

We just released our new app “Permission Management for Confluence”.

So feel free to give it a try and let us now, if you like it or what you need.

Best regards

Stella

Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2023

Hi Stella,

this is a user community. As an App vendor you'll need to follow special rules, for example

Identify yourself as a partner: Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with a partner company; for example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes- (note that regular brackets no longer work and have been automatically converted to dashes). If you are mentioning your own products or services, make sure you include wording to make it clear that you are affiliated with the company providing those products or services.

Full article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Atlassian-Community-online-guidelines-for-Marketplace-and/ba-p/689723

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Stella Schneider -Smateso- January 16, 2023

Hi Nicolai,

thanks for letting me know! I will do that immediately :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events