How to update Confiforms table row fields with database data in View mode?

Javier L February 17, 2021

Hi there experts,

We have a Confiforms form that fills data in using a database. We use the form like a workflow: a user issues a request (filled with database fields) and there is another team that takes the request and works with it.

It is possible that the database content might be updated outside of confiforms. Then, we would like our confiforms table to be updated again from the very same database, so the team can see the updated rows and work with the latest information.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi

When yo use database backed fields in ConfiForms your data is always realtime, meaning that updating it in the database will immediately make it visible in ConfiForms views

Alex

Which Confiforms field definition does that? 

For instance, in database mulitselect the user has to make a choice between database values. Obviously a change in DB wouldn't do that because its a user choice. The same for dropdown and smart clasiffiers.

Which one could be a text field backed by database fields in realtime?

Regards

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Not sure I understand your question...

Any database backed field does a request to your database when rendering itself

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 11.13.30.png

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 11.13.44.png

Alex

Nop. As far as I know none of them. Let me explain myself.

In visualization time, when I have a Table View and the user actually is seeing that table on the screen, the data is not updated or I am missing something.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Data is not updated - it is a VIEW, but is current

Exactly the same what you have in the corresponding tables

Which means that updating this data in a table will immediately show the change in ConfiForms

Which means that updating this data in a table will immediately show the change in ConfiForms

Which table ? database table o confiforms table?

Obviously if i update the data in the confiforms table it will show the change in Confiforms. This question is about to change the data in the database and show the change automatically in confiforms table view.

Thanks for the help

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Database table

I don't know how.

Is there an example/tutorial of having a text field updated when I visualize the table view?

I can't find any. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Well, I think there is still a misunderstanding here - ConfiForms is not a UI for your database tables. It can show the data, but to manage databases/tables and the contents it is not the right tool. There are plenty of tools that provide that

That is why you dont see any tutorials on that on ConfiForms WIKI

True that you can set ConfiForms to do that, but that is really not something it is designed for - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/CRUD+-+Simple+demo+to+show+how+to+setup+ConfiForms+to+save+data+to+database+table 

Like Javier L likes this

Sorry, the CRUD tutorial you provided is not what I want, in spite of the fact that its very interesting.

I wanted only to view the confiform rows updated (with db data) WHEN the user actually access the table view. 

Anyway thanks for the quick help and interest shown.

Best wishes.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Sorry, this is not something what ConfiForms is designed for. 

Don't be. Confiforms is a super-tool! Must be proud of it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events